Wednesday, January 20, 2021

It's been a minute

It's funny how things can decline or improve so quickly...and yet, sometimes it just takes time to know if it will stick. That's where I am right now - mostly ok, trying to believe in something that can last. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Today we get rid of Donald Trump as President, and I am incredibly happy about it. His entire "reign" has been nothing but chaos and failure. I don't know if Biden will be much better - that remains to be seen. But it's hard to imagine he will be worse. 

I spoke with a good friend of mine about the cult-like quality of Don's fan base. They are willing to destroy relationships and family ties for a man who simply does not care about them - and they are unwilling to consider reason, logic, or truth. It is very much like losing people to a cult and it's been heartbreaking. I'm lucky it hasn't happened to me with Trump-loving family members but I have very dear friends who are dealing with this very thing. 

So I look forward to the inauguration today, and after the horrible events of Jan. 6, I just hope it goes on peacefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cancer and my people.

So, I finished the book. And I am sitting here in my quiet living room, all 3 dogs fast asleep on the sectional sofa where I was just sleepi...